Techno Vinyls Records ’ series of interviews, we talk to producers who have releases on our label.
Interview with Alvinho L. Noise (Alvaro Alves)
What does producing mean to you? When did you start your music career and what motivated you?
- I started dj in the beginning of 90’s, my old brother called: “Anderson Noise” is a dj too, him put me into this, and I was used your equipment during the beginning. I discovery Techno Music between 1995 to 1996, when I was 14 years old, and this changed the ways of my life. Most two decades I’m here publish Techno releases in some record labels and playing as dj too with same passion. About producing I started only late in 2007, but only in 2014 that I was kick off making music almost everyday. For me as producer is one of ways way to express my true feelings at music.
How have your releases inspired you throughout your career?
- Each new release I want make be it to better than the other, it’s something as progression.
Also releases open a lot ways for me in my carrier with my music arriving in different parts of world that I never imagined to arrive there.
Do you like to collaborate with other artists? What do you think about remixing? Do you like to remix or do you like to have your music remixed?
- I like to do collaboration with only artists that are my close friends, with the same musical taste. About remix, I like to do when I hear that tune and give me some emotion, then I ask me, I would love to do a remix for this track. Remixing is always welcome when the artists that have affinity with your music, and also can add something in your music.
How do you choose a title for your tracks? Do you think a well-chosen track and EP title matters?
- I choose this titles for my tunes based on my current mood and on my quotidian too, for exemple this December month I have a upcoming release on Nomad Species called Vaccine EP. Also the politic on my country have such a big influence at titles of my tracks too as exemple: Art of Dictator, and Social Inequality.
Is a well-designed cover important to you?
- Yeah of course, when you see a amazing cover art you have interesting to hear that release indifferent which kind sound is. In my case when I published some releases in any labels of my fiends, I sent to them some photos that would be great to using at cover, then we used.
How do you choose record labels (what is a good label for you and what are your expectations)?
- When the label invite me to publish some release, I see some points since a cover art, promotion of this label, if will give me or not visibility on my releases, also if have a good promo mailing to share my release with big artists to give me support, or not.
And also I always send demo tunes for some record labels that I have interesting to publish my music there.
How do you see track sales in the digital millennium data flood (for example: how do you see the digital sales, promotion tracks, illegal downloads etc.)?
- This is also depend if your release have a good feedback or not, with good supports, if your release have visibility at main page in some digital shops or not, and also have a good sales at this digital shops. Some records labels send me report sales after 6 moths that released was published.
What are your future plans for making tracks?
- I have so many future plans, but the most important for me is keeping my inspiration, and try to do music almost every day at future, with same love and dedication.
Thank you for accepting our interview request, we wish you much more success in your producer work!
- It’s a pleasure for me to talk with us about my music. Thanks too, I have a lot respect for Techno Vinyls Label, and big hello from Brazil.
VINYL ► Alvinho L Noise – Status