In Techno Vinyls Records ’ series of interviews, we talk to producers who have releases on our label.
Interview with Carara aka Darkflower
What does producing mean to you? When did you start your music career and what motivated you?
- The first step what i have with elektronic music was in the age of 15 year, my big cousin invite me to come to him and visit in his studio in berlin. he is hip hop MC and producer, he showed me how to do music with drumcomputer and i was dierectly infected, first i try to make some hip hop stuff and later i find my love in house and techno music. My first record what i have buy me was from Emanuel Top and advent, in the 1996 after visit the first time the Tresor in berlin. Later i start playing with turntables and start with producing with hardware and software and now iam over 14 years with produing my own Track.
How have your releases inspired you throughout your career?
- It was my passion for the music what have inspired me and all the good artist for all the around the world, my most inspired was the sound of “Hertz_Granit” that track
is still my nr1 i really love that sound form Schwedisch Steel
Do you like to collaborate with other artists? What do you think about remixing? Do you like to remix or do you like to have your music remixed?
- In my career i have make many collabs with good guys from all the planet thx for this guys, and i really love to make remixes, i can give all my enery and style in the that way.. and give the remix my touch of techno for me is all time crazy to hear the work of other artist of my orininal work i really love that.
How do you choose a title for your tracks? Do you think a well-chosen track and EP title matters?
Good question – the most time is it the moment when i make the tracks and i give them the names or i see a good movie what i like and take the titel. Sometimes i just look on my hardware and usethe Name from the Fx or seqeuces what i use in that moment.
Is a well-designed cover important to you?
Yes i think that is inportant, but the sound must be great that is the most inportant think but sure i like really dark cover and artwork
How do you choose record labels (what is a good label for you and what are your expectations)?
Important for me that my music is in good hands .I think there’s no big role where you publish it just has to be treated with respect
How do you see track sales in the digital millennium data flood (for example: how do you see the digital sales, promotion tracks, illegal downloads etc.)?
what I think is a pity is that there are unfortunately no more labels that still make vinyl.
but that’s just today we all go with the time. I think it would be better if the dj’s bought the tracks and don’t download everything illegally. Since the tracks do not really cost a lot of money, and thus also support the labels and artists. this is my opinion on this topic
What are your future plans for making tracks?
my plans are easy, still make my tracks and try to have my own way and make a good mix of all styles.
Thank you for accepting our interview request, we wish you much more success in your producer work!
- I Have to thank for the interview and hope for a good working together in the future
- VINYL ► Carara – The Dark Encounters
- VINYL ► Carara – The Nine Gates
- VINYL ► Carara & Hellboy – The Horde