Techno Vinyls Records ’ series of interviews, we talk to producers who have releases on our label.
Interview with El Atalaya (Santiago Gallego)
What does producing mean to you? When did you start your music career and what motivated you?
- Producing for me is doing things from the beginning. Search for sounds and record them, to be able to process and put them together one by one and gather a sound message. I started my musical career in 2012 and my motivation was the need of human beings to make music and express their ideas and emations
How have your releases inspired you throughout your career?
- My releases have inspired me to release music with other people, it inspires me to go out to record sounds, it inspires me to be able to play my music in clubs and parties, it inspires me to play with my friends
Do you like to collaborate with other artists? What do you think about remixing? Do you like to remix or do you like to have your music remixed?
- Yes, I like to collaborate with other artists, apart from the fact that the work is easier to gather tracks. I like it better that my music is remixed
How do you choose a title for your tracks? Do you think a well-chosen track and EP title matters?
- I like to read books, I like to look at people’s lives, the way they act, I like to look at nature and their way of life. Looking at everything around me I can choose my names for the tracks. Of course, I think it is very important to choose a good name for the tracks,
since each sound has its own characteristics, it must have names that correspond
Is a well-designed cover important to you?
- Of course, a cover must be synchronized with the name of the Ep’s or releases, so it will have more coherence things come into our eyes first, so a good artwork will help. it’s beautiful to see the artwork from Tehcno Viny’s Records
How do you choose record labels (what is a good label for you and what are your expectations)?
- I like to pay attention to my favorite artists, where they release their music and what musical styles they produce. I stash the stamps according to my own creations. I always listen to a lot of music so it’s not difficult for me to know where I want to be
I always want the best for me, so I send very good labels
How do you see track sales in the digital millennium data flood (for example: how do you see the digital sales, promotion tracks, illegal downloads etc.)?
- I see sales a bit difficult, since each digital track costs very little money, 1 dollar, 1 euro, maximum 2 per track, this is difficult for the artist, so we earn very little money. It should also be noted that in my country there are very few people who buy music, but little by little we will become aware of this. Digital music is a form of income for us so I see this well. on the other hand, illegal downloads … this gets out of our hands shouldn’t exist, but hey ….
What are your future plans for making tracks?
- My plans for the future are clear, to continue improving the sound, getting more pure recordings, fighting to advance the sound in processes and in quality, creating alliances with musicians friends and powers my projects
Thank you for accepting our interview request, we wish you much more success in your producer work!
- It is a pleasure for me to participate with you, I also wish you success with the music of Techno Vinyl’s Records
VINYL ► El Atalaya – The Past Is Dead