Techno Vinyls Records ’ series of interviews, we talk to producers who have releases on our label.
Interview with Fuma Funaky (Mirza Hodžić)
What does producing mean to you? When did you start your music career and what motivated you?
- Production means almost everything in my life, without it I am not myself. I started my music career in 2002, first as a DJ and then in 2006 I went into the waters of production. My goal was to release at least one of my vinyl .. which I succeeded.
How have your releases inspired you throughout your career?
- Each of my releases motivated me even more, so I said to myself, ah, it could be even better, you can do it… and so I started releasing tracks one after the other with motivation
Do you like to collaborate with other artists? What do you think about remixing? Do you like to remix or do you like to have your music remixed?
- I think it’s a very good thing to collaborate with other artists because in this way you acquire knowledge and your name gets well known. I like doing remixes for other people and I like it when somebody else makes a remix for me, especially if this somebody is a known person.
How do you choose a title for your tracks? Do you think a well-chosen track and EP title matters?
- titles have always been a thorn in my side because I usually choose the title either on the basis of the vocals or I just think of the title based on the groove that the piece has or the elements that the piece contains e.g. if the piece is more tribal groove and without vocals, I just come up with the title for example TRIBALTETICS.
Is a well-designed cover important to you?
- Of course, the appearance of the cover is very important because many people firstly notice the cover and then go and listen to the piece.
How do you choose record labels (what is a good label for you and what are your expectations)?
- From the beginning it was not so important to me if the label was world famous, but over time I found out that it is better to have a release either with a well-known label or with a label which represents well known names, because with a well known name I got more listeners as well as higher sales of my songs.
How do you see track sales in the digital millennium data flood (for example: how do you see the digital sales, promotion tracks, illegal downloads etc.)?
- Today in sales it is like this … you have as much as you give … everything depends on promotion, marketing….. the sale of my songs has been significantly reduced because of pirated and illigal downloading through various paltforms..so I think that if a track is already published on any platform, it should be just a part of a track or its preview …
What are your future plans for making tracks?
- My plan for the future is to focus as much as possible on record labels that are considered elite in the music world and to work with as many famous names as possible, therefore I will also gain a more well known name, greater support and good sale of my music.
Thank you for accepting our interview request, we wish you much more success in your producer work!
-Thank You For The Invitaion. I Am Very Happy To Be A Part Of Your Story
VINYL ► Fuma Funaky – Reactor EP
VINYL ► Fuma Funaky – Tepka EP
VINYL ► Fuma Funaky – Koronela EP