Techno Vinyls Records ’ series of interviews, we talk to producers who have releases on our label.
Interview with Kilany M
What does producing mean to you? When did you start your music career and what motivated you?
- Music production is something that i was lookin for since my childhood, im addicted to music as listener in diffrents style and always want to explore the world of industry music.
and in the beginnig as a listener i was a fan of trance music and touched by many legends as rank 1, paul van dyk, Paul oakenfold, tiesto… and it’s hard for me as a child to get money and collecte records CDs, K7, so, after years in 2006 – 2007 i started learning Djing by using virtual Dj, cause it’s hard to buy tuntables or mixeur cause it cost and the family can’t even give me money to buy and in 2009, i discovered the first DAW that i actually use it (Fl Studio) by a friend at school, and i started using it with no experience and over the time i started understanding how i can makes drums and melody by using plugins and more futures…so i began with trance music creating some tracks the way i can. In 2012, i meet some producers from my city and that’s helps me to learn more from them, and with time and hard work, i get where im today and still much to learn yet.
How have your releases inspired you throughout your career?
- Sure, and that’s by the love that i get from the peoples through feedbacks and the great support, and seeing my tracks crossing the world which is born in my humble home studio, and makes me work so hard and spending more time in the studio to make my best and attract more listeners and try to makes variety in my music from melodic techno to hard techno, and sure see my music played and supported by great artists as John digweed, armen miran, Oostil… and that’s enough to give inspiration for doing more.
Do you like to collaborate with other artists? What do you think about remixing? Do you like to remix or do you like to have your music remixed?
- Of course, i like to collaborate with other artists, it gives me more experience and even learning from them as they learning from me as well to get the sweet harmony of our ideas!
and about the remixes, for me as a competition to makes better than the original and sure i accept to make it if i feel my self able to add to the original idea!
As i like my music being remixed by other artists to see my idea developed in other way.
How do you choose a title for your tracks? Do you think a well-chosen track and EP title matters ?
- Choosing name of my tracks, sometimes, tooking the name of the places where i got the inspiration, or from the melody that i create! for exmple, i listened to it and imagine what this melody can describe in one word! And of course titles of EP or track can makes the tracks more attractive “sometimes” to the listeners to push the play while they see it.
Is a well-designed cover important to you ?
- Cover of the ep or tracks is important for me too, as i see many labels makes bad covers maybe they don’t thinking about it seriously, cause it can gives also attraction as the title can do.
How do you choose record labels (what is a good label for you and what are your expectations) ?
- I choose a labels after looking for their contents, music quality and of course the style that fit to my work, and like many times i got request to release music from the label it selfs.
How do you see track sales in the digital millennium data flood (for example: how do you see the digital sales, promotion tracks, illegal downloads etc.) ?
- For the sales, i really didn’t give attention, cause i makes music as i said before for sharing it with peoples and to get great feedbacks and support, but we can’t skip this totally cause from your sales u can be shown for more audience. Promotion tracks is great too it can gives you more attention even not with big artists at least it gives you the chance to be supported by artists you even don’t know, and the illegal downloads is the big mistakes that really reduce the chance of salling!
What are your future plans for making tracks ?
- For now, nothing special but im looking for investing more in setup for my studio and looking forward for more attention in 2021.
Thank you for accepting our interview request, we wish you much more success in your producer work!
VINYL ► Kilany M – Process