Techno Vinyls Records ’ series of interviews, we talk to producers who have releases on our label.
Interview with Mushtukov
What does producing mean to you? When did you start your music career and what motivated you?
- I grew out of clubbers! In 2010, he began to be subtle about writing music! In 2004 he began to study DJing! In 2006, he began to perform fully in clubs in his country in Belarus! Taught to play only from vinyl!
How have your releases inspired you throughout your career?
- ‘ve always been interested in vinyl records! It’s like hugging your beloved woman. Vinyl is the sound quality! Cool beat and bass. And club music should only be on vinyl. I looked up to many of the world’s artists who inspired me. I have visited many of the world’s raves, namely techno raves. My first rave was MAYDAY in 2006 in Russia in the city of st.Petersburg and from that moment everything went like surfing waves. I fully began to study the world stage, especially Detroid, Berlin, London in techno and house culture! I learned and read a lot of literature. So my knowledge about the origins of techno is very good.
Do you like to collaborate with other artists? What do you think about remixing? Do you like to remix or do you like to have your music remixed?
- Yes, nice to cooperate. Remixes hit the top! Moreover, the development is good, sales and remixes should be with cool and top artists and artists, preferably according to the version of the residentadvisor site. It is necessary to attract many famous and little-known artists so that people develop and want to strive to develop. The main thing is to have time for development. Because sometimes you can’t keep up with music and artists. There are many good artists in the world. I am also one of them. The paired remixes are even better than the original, because young artists are fully invested in remixes
How do you choose a title for your tracks? Do you think a well-chosen track and EP title matters?
- The name comes to mind quickly, because I have been in this atmosphere for a long time. When I write, I already know its name. The process itself and the approach itself are very important for the artist. Buying Agencies should have positive first impressions.
Labels and booking agencies pay attention to everything. Therefore, there must be a professional approach.
Is a well-designed cover important to you?
- Yes of course. I have personally participated in the creation of the label cover many times. You need to put your soul into music not only. The cover is a reflection of what I wrote in my music. In one of the episodes, I asked my daughters to leave their palms with paints on a sheet of paper. The label calls Sezonas Records a Children release. The cover allowed a subtle approach to the style of the label, because they are all hand-drawn.
How do you choose record labels (what is a good label for you and what are your expectations)?
- I look at the style and style of the labels through deejay.de. But labels need to be designed not only in a certain style. Labels should be flexible, but stick to concept. The main thing is the label’s approach and contribution to its development! It is advisable to look for labels that are engaged in booking artists and their development. Everything on the label should be beautiful and effective. But a lot depends on how you get into the statistics. My plans are to travel the world and play in the best clubs in the world. I want to show what cool guys there are in Belarus in music.
How do you see track sales in the digital millennium data flood (for example: how do you see the digital sales, promotion tracks, illegal downloads etc.)?
- I already said I love vinyl. Digital sales and releases are cool and high quality. I also support them and play. But illegal sale does not mean that it is bad, but also bad. It’s impossible to track down pirates here. But there are also many collectors who value vinyl and sell it for more. I have a lot of digital releases too. Not always a label can afford to print plates.An expensive pleasure, but at the same time a very strong exclusivity, and it’s worth it, it’s nice when the circulation of 100 records around the world and fans, other artists and collectors will exchange them. My personal goal is to support each artist and play in the format that I play, but the release should be a bomb.
What are your future plans for making tracks?
- I have written a lot of papers so far. They are in hidden format. I decided to play with the releases that I didn’t release and get an exclusive so people couldn’t shazam them. There will be new vinyl coming out later, but with recommended music that has already played on my podcasts. I began to study very much how to improve the quality of mixing and mastering in sound engineering. Expect cool and new work.
Thank you for accepting our interview request, we wish you much more success in your producer work!
- Good development to you and thank you very much for accepting this interview.
VINYL ► Mushtukov – Revolution EP